New Edition to the Blog!!

NO!! We didn't fall off the face of the earth.....just off the social world for a while!! We have been slightly busy the past 11 months, busy making the most precious addition to the family! For those of you that do not know yet
Brooks Conner Rodgers
Born November 30, 2009
7 lbs. 5 oz.
19 1/2 inches long


Although I don't have much time I did want to throw a couple of quick pics out there for those of you who have not seem him yet....enjoy! The professional pictures were taken by the magnificant Studio Blue Photographer and his hott assistant!

32 Week 3D Sonogram

32 Week 3D Sonogram

At the hospital

At the hospital

2 week old photo shoot!

2 week old photo shoot!

My Boys

My Boys

The Fam

The Fam

Look at those blue eyes

Look at those blue eyes

6 weeks old now and sooo cute!!

6 weeks old now and sooo cute!!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Story of one Brave Girl and a Short Lived Gimp!

It all started about a week and a half ago about 1:45 a.m., while Ross was at work, I sat up in my bed to realize that there was a lizard on my ceiling, formerly known as "Gimp"!! After staring at him long and hard I noticed something....his belly was starting to droop....."He was losing his sticky." I said to myself from that point on, Ross or not (since he was unable to answer his phone at the time) "I have to take matters into my own hands!" If I didn't I just knew he would lose his sticky over my bed and end up crawling on my face later! AAAAHHHHH...I wasn't about to let that happen!!

Side note - I know lizards are good for the environment and all...you know they eat bugs, circle of life, bla bla bla!!! While I agree with that completely I would prefer they completed the circle of life outside our tiny one bedroom apartment!!

Finally I braved up enough to get a clear piece of Tupperware from the kitchen and a thin piece of wood to cover it with and attempted to catch "Gimp!!" I placed a chair in the corner and lunged for the ceiling with my Tupperware and trapped the slightly shocked animal. After freaking out because I could feel his little sticky feet running around inside the Tupperware, I realized I did not think this through very well! My chair did not get me high enough to hold the Tupperware to the ceiling for more than a couple of seconds, therefore after trying to readjust I dropped the Tupperware and fell to the floor with the unwanted inhabitant!! Quickly rising to my feet, I grabbed the dogs and ran out of the room, leaving the cat in their just in case she decided to get off her rump and be worth something for once! Ross came home about 20 min. later for his lunch break and searched the apartment, he convinced me that he ran outside scared for his life! I ended up sitting on the bed the rest of the night watching for him, only sleeping for a short 30 min cat-nap! I wasn't about to go to sleep with a lizard running frantic in my room, much less a half-scared to death angry one!

About 4 days later Ross called me at work and told me he saw the lizard I described outside our apartment door under the stairwell, so we didn't really think twice about it... until yesterday!! We decided to rearrange a little in our room and I noticed Sophie chewing on something....as I pulled it out of her mouth I realized it was a hardened lizard tail! NASTY!!! Quickly my mind went back and remembered that Ross had described the lizard he saw even down to the tail so I could know it was the same one.......dun dun dun......(low scary music)

If you're not quick enough to put this together it means....the lizard Ross saw couldn't have been our "Gimp!" Well to my surprise, after Ross went to work again I noticed a slightly tatter lizard back in the same old corner of the ceiling, missing a tail!! Feeling slightly braver than the last time because I am now officially TICKED OFF because this lizard won't let me live in piece, I was quick to grab another Tupperware and begin "The Hunt!" This time I was smarter.....I grabbed some alcohol pads and quickly opened them and put them in the Tupperware...you know thinking maybe I could use it as a make-shift chloroform to knock him out so I wouldn't be as freaked! I lunged at him again, this time standing on a table for stability and better height! After catching him (with a thicker piece of Tupperware) I slowly slid him down the wall and slid a thick board behind him a was able to carry him outside! For those of you that were wondering, alcohol does not work the same as chloroform....it only turned his insides blue and purple from the alcohol inhalation. After I got him out and flung him as far across the parking lot as I could...I made sure he would never come back again......(the gross details will be left out in case there are any children surfing the internet)!

Well its sounds pretty stupid but I truly conquered a fear of mine, and Ross is proud to be married to such a brave girl!

A moment of silence for our dear beloved and not-so-missed "Gimp"

3 comments:

Cassie said...

May he rest in peace!

What a brave and powerful woman you truly are . . . an absolute inspiration to women world-wide!

Michelle said...

Micaela
I can totally see you doing this...I laughed really hard. Way to get that Lizard.

We have geckos at our house. They are fine outside but when one got in the bed I called the exterminator.
Glad to find you
Michelle Chaney

Gena said...

Hey, welcome to the blog world! I found your link through The Nicksons. You guys look so happy, I am glad to see all is well! I love your picture at the end of your blog!